Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Race in the Desert!

Meredith's school hosted a 5K and 2K race in the desert this past Saturday. Meredith ran the 5K and Matt, Madison and Matthew Ray ran the 2K while I cheered them all on! I would have run but I had a meeting right afterward and didn't have time to go home and shower first. (I will post that story next...it is VERY interesting!)
Anyway, we all had a great time. Meredith came in first in her division!!! Yeah, Meredith!!! Matt went with Madison and Matthew Ray. You can see in the slide show below that Matthew Ray lost his shoe within the first 10 steps so he was behind the whole time. Madison did a fabulous job! She didn't slow down (well, except when she chit-chatted a little with one of her friends along the way)! She did manage to finish the race strong! (see her video below) Finally, Matt and Matthew Ray made it to the finish line with Matthew Ray hitting his forehead the whole time. I asked him why he did that and he said, "It all made me so nervous!" He is too sweet! Howard went with us and was so sweet to take all of these pics for us! Thanks Howard!!


No comments: