Monday, August 24, 2009

Empty Nest (sort of)


Our last child has now officially entered kindergarten! It feels so weird for all of them to be in the same school at the same time. Matthew Ray had a great first day of school. When I picked him up he said, "That was the best day of my life EVER!" Hmmm...how should I take that?:) His teacher said that he was so good and that he was such a great helper. He also has taken up getting his and his sisters lunches and water bottles ready each day...he is a "tasker" and loves to serve..his sisters love to be served! :)
Madison was sure to show him the ropes of the school since she is a veteran now. I have to record this cute dialogue between me and Madison the night before the first day of school. I don't want to forget it!

Stacey: Madison, now remember...you have to listen to your teacher. You have to listen to directions. Make sure you REALLY pay attention.

Madison: I know...but Mom..you see, I don't always understand all of the words. For instance, if my teacher says, "are you allergic to something?" and I don't know what the word "allergic" is...now mom, I KNOW the word allergic but this is just an example...then I don't know all she is saying cause I am stuck on that one word.

Stacey: So, then that's when you should raise your hand and ask, "Mrs. S I don't know what the word "allergic" means."

Madison: MOM! I told you! I know what the word allergic means!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just hear her saying all of that!! Your kids are hilarious!! Glad MR had a fun day!

Heather said...

Hudson just saw the picture of MR at the top of this post and I asked him who it was. He said, "It's me!" They do favor each other. I am sure they will be fast friends when they have the chance.
Heather