Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Madison and Marriage...

For some reason we have had many conversations of marriage lately in the Dunavant household. Madison has been very clear in what she would like her future to look like in regards to this topic: "I am NOT marrying anyone!



Tonight the girls and I were cooking supper together and the topic of marriage came up again. Matt called and was checking on me (such a sweet gesture) and when I got off of the phone I said, "You girls need to marry someone like your daddy. You need to marry someone that loves Jesus more than anything, that treats you like a queen, that "chases" after you, that adores you, and that will take care of you."

Meredith said, "Yeah Madison...that last thing means....don't marry a cheapskate!" Madison put her hand on her hip and said, "Meredith! I am NOT going to marry a CHEESECAKE!"

Madison did go on to say a little later that the reason she is not going to marry anyone is because I took the good one...her daddy!! How sweet it is for her to love her daddy that much....

3 comments:

Ashli said...

so...funny thing...i actually have heard a marriage analogy that includes cheesecake as a good thing :)

Anonymous said...

aww...that madison...she is a trip!-Cassie

TIffany Mattson said...

Definately dont marry the Cheesecake. We may not know who we will marry but God Does, so mom start praying for the one God has planned for them. I started praying for my son's future, because I know she will have to be a saint to have a mother-in-law like me.