Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Carvin'

YES....we found A, I repeat, A pumkin in Egypt! I have heard that pumpkins can be found at some of the western supermarkets here but I have never seen one. We acutally found this pumpkin at a veggie stand just around the corner. The lady selling it to me was so impressed that I was buying it because she actually thought I knew how to cook it!! Ha!

Before:
The Carving: Madison grossed out:

The Finished Product:
If you can't tell...It is a checked cross...Meredith's idea! :)

2 comments:

Glenn D. said...

What a fantastic pumpkin! It's better than what I can do. Great job!

Val said...

Madison is so funny in that last pic! You should set your camera to take that pumpkin pic in the dark... turn off the lights and that way you will only see the cross... that would look so neat! Great job guys! Oh... you don't know how to cook pumpkin??? So, no pumpkin pie???