Monday, October 13, 2008

Do We Have an Author on our hands...


Meredith has started writing these days. She decided to write a story and she wanted Matt and I to give our opinion on the beginning. What do you think? Do we have an author?..

It was a dark night, a cold winter's evening. The wind was blowing swiftly and snow was tumbling down. Never was I so scared. I rolled myself into a ball underneath my bed, taking slow deep breaths as I waited for the snow storm to wrap itself up and go elsewhere. My mother walked into my room with a stick candle producing a sweet scent to give me a sign that everything was alright. I slowly got out from under my bed and gave her a sure expression that I was still terrified. She wrapped me into a hug and led me down the hall and into the dining room for dinner. I looked to my father as he pulled my chair out and he asked, "Why the terrified expression?" I opened my mouth to answer but no word spilled out to quote my thoughts...

That's where she is so far...we were pretty impressed. What's your opinion? Author?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm completely impressed!! That's great....left me wanting to know what happens next :)And every time I see a new picture she looks more and more like a young lady, not a little girl anymore! She's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The answer to your question is a huge big YES! I know young people in high school and college who can't write like that. Keep going Meredith and finish the story for the rest of us. I would strongly suggest to keep writing and to use that creativity. Great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Way to go Meredith. Keep on writing, this is an incredible story, grabs you from the beginning. I can't wait to see how it ends. It looks like you have an author on your hands!

Unknown said...

That is great - really. I am a big reader and I think she really has a talent. It was very descriptive and interesting. Keep writing!!

Glenn D. said...

We're going to have to change your name to Ernestina Hemingway! What a neat start to a horror story! I can't wait to read how it ends. I know high school seniors that can't write as well as you have so far. Keep up the good work.

Francine said...

Im with everyone else.. I want to know how this story is going to fold out... She is very talented. I am also a HUGE reader and I was following that with a picture in my head. Good job Meredith!!!

Tales of a Girl said...

GREAT job, Mer!
<3 Aunt Roslyn (from FPO)

Kinzi Dempsey said...

ALRIIIIIIIITE!! WOO GO MERIDETH!! THAT WAS AWESOME I WNNA HEAR THE REST- SERIOUSLY NO KIDDIN. IM A SERIOUS BOOK FREAK AND THAT LITTLE EXCERPT WAS REALLY GOOD!!! CYA AT MY B- DAY PARTAY! -KINZI

Val said...

That's really good Mer! I can't wait to read more!!! It's a great start!