Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Salvation...by Meredith


Meredith had to write a paper for school about her relationship with Christ. I wanted to share it with all of you because many of you walked this journey with her...

"For my eyes have seen Your salvation." Luke 2:30. I once was lost and not knowing my way around. I was like a lost newborn sitting in the darkness, and I knew I was not saved.

Doubting is what kept me knowing I was not saved. I questioned my parents a lot if God existed. I never had assurance of my salvation. I even prayed the prayer about five times and was never sure! I even got to the point where my best friend's dad tried to help me understand. Then, right before I came here a friend asked me a simple question that made me think. She said, "Meredith, will you get saved before you move overseas?" I was not sure of that answer.

My salvation still was not assured until I went to a camp before moving here. I met new friends, had a blast, but was still not sure! I remember one night when I was talking with my dad about salvation for the millionth time. He said, "You know, the Bible has been passed down from generation to generation, and all of it is true." I knew that already, but I also knew that was God's way of letting me know He was there. That night I was saved, and it felt good!!

The way I know I am saved is that I know for sure God is real, and I have not had any doubts since. I know I still sin. Everybody sins, but I am different now and have a new outlook on life!

I have grown in my faith since I was saved in 2006, and God is working in my life! I love the Lord with all of my heart. I will never be the same again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith, you're such a beautiful young lady! Your testimony is so sincere, I'm so proud of you! We love and miss you so much.

Val Hancock said...

That is WONDERFUL Meredith! I think that Jocelyn is struggling with that as well, but I know that one day she will see just as you have. I love you and we all miss you very much sweetie!!! I can't wait to hear more about what God is doing in your life! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good job Meredith! Praise God for rescuing us from sin through Jesus! I look forward to my daughters (and son!) responding to the call of God to be saved. We expect the questions to begin in the next few years. I hope you will be available to talk to your younger friends about your experience when their time comes.

Your (BIG) brother,

Shane

Paul Pittman said...

Zoooo! You are the best. What a story!! I am very proud of you. i hope mom and dad are not dragging you down with all their rules and stuff. tell them i said to let you have some fun every once in a while. Hit Matthew Ray in the nose for me will you. And for princess Madison, give her my love. love you and praying for you.

Glenn D. said...

Meredith, even in your paper for school you have a unique ability to tell the story of your relationship with Jesus in terms that are beyond your age. What a refreshing story. I pray that you will share this story of what God did for you every chance you get.